Post Title: Receptionist
Remuneration: R 110 739 – R 130 446 per annum plus benefits (Salary level 4)
Requirements: Senior Certificate (or equivalent)
Key Performance Areas:
- Receive clients visiting district office;
- Refer clients to relevant official;
- Receive and deal with queries;
- Take messages/Receive mail and documentation delivered to district office.
- Knowledge of: WCED Systems;
- Departmental policies and procedures;
- Public Service Legislation and procedures;
- Client Care;
- General knowledge of district operations.
- Problem solving;
- Conflict resolution;
- Computer literacy
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
NB: EMPLOYEES IN EXCESS WILL RECEIVE PREFERENCE IN THE FILLING OF THIS POST: CANDIDATES MUST INDICATE ON THEIR APPLICATION FORMS IF THEY ARE IN EXCESS
NB: PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING:
1. GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS:
- Applicants must complete an application form (Z 83) that must be duly completed with all the required information as requested on the form. The application form Z 83 must be signed and dated by the applicant to ensure that the application is a legitimate application. The Application Form Z83 is obtainable from the website of the WCED at http://www.wcedonline.gov.za or from any Public Service Department.
- The post number and/or name of the post applied for must be indicated on your application form.
- Applicants must submit a detailed up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) containing, inter alia, a complete chronological record of training, experience, competencies and previous employment record as well as the names and telephone numbers of three persons willing to act as referees.
- Applicants must submit certified copies of their original qualifications (degrees, diplomas, certificates etc.), valid driver’s licence (if applicable) and ID document to be submitted with application forms. Certified copies of service certificates which indicate the exact dates of previous employment must be provided if these exact dates are not mentioned in their CV’s.
- Applicants in possession of a foreign qualification must attach an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) to their application forms.
- Non-RSA citizens/Permanent resident permit holders must submit a copy of his/her Permanent Resident Permit with his/her application.
- Please note that a separate application must be submitted if you apply for more than one post.
- Kindly note that the aforementioned supporting documents will not be returned.
- Applications without a completed application form (Z83) and/or the requested documents/information will not be considered.
2. GENERAL INFORMATION:
- The appointment will be subject to a security clearance and the signing of an annual performance agreement. Furthermore, the appointment is subject to personnel suitability checks that include qualifications, previous employment, criminal records and credit verification as well as reference checking, as directed by the Department of Public Service and Administration.
- Candidates applying for posts on Salary Level 9 and higher will be subjected to a competency assessment before final decisions are made in respect of the filling of posts.
- Communication will be limited to those applicants who have been short-listed.
- Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment is received within 3 months after the closing date, they must accept that their application(s) was/were unsuccessful.
4. SELECTION PROCESS
- It is expected of short-listed candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the WCED.
- Candidates will be required to complete a work assignment.
- The WCED reserves the right not to make an appointment to any of the advertised posts.
5. FORWARDING ADDRESS FOR APPLICATIONS
Forward your application(s) to:
WESTERN CAPE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION CENTRE
PRIVATE BAG X 9183
OR HAND DELIVER TO THE
WCED CLIENT SERVICES
GRAND CENTRAL TOWERS
2ND FLOOR AND PLACE IN THE POST BOX MARKED: PUBLIC SERVICE STAFF
- Under no circumstances must applications be handed to employees of the WCED or any other person to hand in applications at the Recruitment and Selection Centre Office.
- Postal applications should also not be marked for the attention of the person who has been identified to deal with the enquiries of applicants. Late applications that are received as a result of ignoring this rule will not be considered.
6. IMPORTANT NOTE:
Unidentified, late, e-mail, and/or fax applications will not be considered. 7. CLOSING DATE
- Closing date for applications: Friday, 25 September 2015 by 16:00. Applications will not be accepted after the closing time and date. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure that their application(s) reach the WCED by the closing date and time.
- The WCED cannot be held responsible for postal delays.
- SERVICES OF THE POST OFFICE HAVE NOT BEEN FULLY RESTORED AND HENCE APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO HAND DELIVER OR COURIER THEIR APPLICATIONS TO THE WCED OFFICES.