Reference Number: Argus 28/11/2015, South Cape Forum 4/12/2015
Component: Department of Health
Core Title: Nursing and Support Personnel
Institution: Riversdale Hospital (Eden District)
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualifications:
- Basic R425 qualification (i.e. diploma/ degree in nursing) or equivalent qualifications that allows registration with the South African Council as a Professional Nurse.
- A Post basic qualification with a duration of at least 1 year accredited with the SANC in Medical and Surgical Nursing Science: Critical Care nursing: Trauma and Emergency or Medical and Surgical Nursing Science: Critical Care:Nursing General.
Registration with a professional council:
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse.
- Grade 1: A minimum of 4 years appropriate/recognisable experience in nursing after registration as Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing.
- Grade 2: A minimum of 14 years appropriate/recognisable experience in nursing after registration as Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing.
- At least 10 years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/recognisable experience in the specific speciality after obtaining the 1 year post basic qualification in the relevant speciality as mentioned above.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Willing to work shifts and overtime.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Self-discipline and motivation.
- The ability to function independently under pressure.
- Good communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Provision of optimal, holistic specialized nursing care within the trauma and emergency unit.
- Effective utilization of resources.
- Participation in training and research.
- Provision of support to Nursing Services.
- Maintain professional growth, ethical standards and self – development.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. ”Candidates, who are not in possession of the stipulated registration requirements, may also apply. Such candidates will only be considered for appointment on condition that proof of application for registration to register with the relevant council and proof of payment of the prescribed registration fees to the relevant council are submitted with their job application/on appointment. This concession is only applicable on health professionals whom apply for the first time for registration in a specific category with the relevant council (including individuals who must apply for change in registration status)”.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department orwww.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Argus 28/11/2015, South Cape Forum 4/12/2015)
Salary: Grade 1: R 294 861 (PN-B1) per annum, Grade 2: R 362 655 (PN-B2) per annum Salary Level: OSD
The District Manager
Eden District Office
Private Bag X6592
(For the attention of Ms S Pienaar)
Closing Date: 18 December 2015
Enquiries: Ms MD Draai
Tel: (028) 713-8643
Source: Western Cape Government