General Worker – Centurion
Barloworld Transport, a leading freight and logistics company is looking for General Workers to join our depot in Centurion. To assist the driver with loading, off-loading and other vehicle requirements in accordance with the policies and procedures of the company.
- Assist with loading and off-loading of the vehicle according to company processes and procedures.
- Assist the driver with conducting vehicle checks and inspections.
- Direct and assist the driver whilst they are manoeuvring/ reversing the vehicle during loading/off-loading and in confined spaces.
- Assist with checking stock that is received from the client.
- Pack and palletise the stock.
- Assist with keeping the vehicle clean.
- Ensure that health and safety requirements are adhered to at all times.
- Uphold the company image through respectable personal appearance and conduct at all times.
- Ensure customer service standards are upheld and adhered to.
- Matric/ Grade 12.
- Minimum one year previous experience in a general worker role.
- Knowledge of packing and stacking.
- Good communications (read and write in English).
- Knowledge of equipment handling (pallet jacks & skyjacks).
- Certificate of Fitness (COF).
- Physically able as work involves manual labour.
- Embracing change.
- Team Working.
- Showing composure.
- Checking Things.
- Upholding standards.
- Following Procedures.
- Meeting time scales.
- Producing output.
Reference number: BD 2015/9
Closing date: 26 November 2015
If you meet the above criteria, then please send your CV via the online application process on or before close of business on 26 November 2015. Please note that if you had no response to your application by 27 November, please consider your application unsuccessful.