Boutique Shop Manager / Reception
Location: Cape Town
5* LUXURIOUS HOTEL
- Manages the boutique / shop – 80%
- Acts as guest liaison, concierge, switchboard operator when needed – 20%.
Boutique / Shop:
- Assists guests
- Ensure the shop is clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure attractive display of items
- Cashiering and receipting the sale of merchandise, charge transactions, maintains sales records and makes daily reports.
- Monthly inventory of stock
- Serves as buyer, meeting with vendors and product representatives to select marketable goods and gifts appropriate – Working with Nell Harris.
- Financial reports
- Security of all Shop items
Reception and Administrative duties:
- Ensure End of Day report is done if the Night Manager is off.
- Daily accurate completion of Guest list – This document is used by all departments for the daily running . Email addresses to be added to the guest list as well as Opera from the guest cards.
- Ensure all calendar entries appear on guest list. Always remove any calendar items once cancelled.
- Communicate important information to all relevant departments and follow up on all requests
- Ensure that all guest information is added to profile on OPERA
- Ensure meal sheet and drivers log is completely accurately
- Being the link between security and the hotel, monitoring and allowing access into the hotel
- Ensure that the DM has checked the guest list.
- Check in and check out – Receive and process payments from guests
- Creating House account for late departing guests
- Ensuring that the correct procedures are used regarding the acceptance of foreign currencies, credit cards and cash
- Daily weather reports for turndown rooms
- Prepare feedback forms/Guest cards for next day’s departures
- Daily management of petty cash box – Maintain accuracy in cash handling procedures
- Ordering and charging of international newspapers
- Editing and printing of Menus for the restaurant and kitchen.
- Meal & wakeup call sheets
- Prepare welcome boards for arriving guests
- Preparing rooming lists.
- Preparing Guest Itineraries to place in room
- Arranging staff transport for evenings, weekends and Public Holidays
- Performing clerical duties such as photocopying, typing, faxing and sending mails
- Typing of recipes for guests
- Emails to be checked throughout the day and must be replied to within 24 hours – Deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail
- No emails to be dealt with without the correspondence present.
- FYI emails always to be read when returning from off days to ensure up to date with information.
- Sales/comp/house slips must be filed in the relevant file once signed off by a relevant manager.
- Courier services- ensuring guests are clear on procedure and has filled in courier forms 100%. Credit card details must be supplied.
- Typing guest notes for guests and making sure they are delivered to the room.
- Ensured stationary store kept tidy at all times.
- Informing housekeeping when guests are out of their room for refreshing and turndowns
- Ensure that the telephone is answered as soon as possible.
- Receive and make calls on behalf of Ellerman House
- Direct incoming calls to the appropriate extensions
- Take messages and ensure these are forwarded to the relevant people accurately and efficiently.
- Ensure that phone lines are kept open as much as possible.
- Ensure that the reception is in a state of preparedness, ready for a guest to enter and feel a continuation of the rest of the public areas in Ellerman House.
- Ensure that all individual work areas, our desks and surrounding areas free of unnecessary items such as empty boxes, rubbish, paper, tea cups, soft drink cans etc.
- Assisting in carrying out the correct Recycling procedures
- Ensure that everybody is aware of Reception congestion, at handover time and check out time and ask any unnecessary staff to come return when the office is not busy.
- The notice board area must always be up to date, neat and tidy.
- Ensure that any large items that need to be couriered and that will be collected at a later stage is stored in a storage areas (mattress store, soap store etc) and are not in the reception area.
- Ensure that acceptable voice levels are maintained in the reception area.
- Ensure that the telephone is answered as soon as possible.
- Ensure that reception is never left unattended.
- No coffee etc. In the office
- No cell phones in the office.
- No Facebook / YouTube or other social media while on duty!
- Ensuring that information about restaurants, art exhibitions, theatre productions, day tours, tour guides, preferred car rental companies and preferred taxi companies are readily available and up to date.
- Building relationships with the abovementioned suppliers to ensure:
- Tables at top restaurants always available for EH guests
- Guests are welcomed and treated as if they are at EH.
- Best possible service
- Recommending activities and excursions to guests and assisting with the reservations thereof.
- Creating itineraries for guests on request based on their preferences and specifications
- Ensure that the correct “reservations” procedure is followed when making bookings e.g. booking forms for Yusuf.
- Arrange the collection and delivery of items for guests.
- Assist guest with confirming travel arrangements and flight time
- Checking concierge emails and replying on the weekend
- Has a thorough knowledge of the hotel and all services provided to the guest
- Has a thorough knowledge of Cape Town and the ability to recommend restaurants and tours (both company and destinations)
- Maintains the high standard of service, appearance and social skills set according to the company policy
- Works in harmony with all departments and employees, is willing to assist others if and when required
- Attends all training workshops as and when required
- Is familiar with all policies and procedures, house rules, fire, security and emergency procedures as well as all checklists
- Performs any reasonable duty as instructed by Management
- You are required to be in uniform and clocked in at the exact time your shift begins.
- You are required to use your time at work productively.
- You are to work together as a team – Help and support each other during the shift, assist your team mates with their duties and responsibilities to ensure the smooth running of the daily operation.
- Know and understand the code of conduct and act accordingly.
- Be respectful towards your guests, colleagues, senior staff and management.
- Carry out the instructions given to you without question and to the best of your ability.
- Take time to study the information provided for you – learn and remember. Knowing your product will lead to greater confidence and a better level of service.
- Push yourself to improve, constantly strive to better yourself – your job depends on it.
- All duties and responsibilities MUST be completed to the standard
Job ID: 110502
Job Title: Boutique Shop Manager / Reception
Province: Western Cape
Town/City: Cape Town
Salary Type: Monthly
Salary: R16 000 + ben
Start Date: As soon a