Assistant Manager Nursing (Speciality Night Duty) 2 Positions
Reference Number: Plainsman 9/12/2015
Component: Department of Health
Core Title: Nursing and Support Personnel
Institution: Lentegeur Psychiatric Hospital (Chief Directorate: General Specialist and Emergency Services)
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Basic R425 qualification (i.e. diploma /degree in nursing) or equivalent that allows registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Professional Nurse.
- A post-basic qualification, the duration of 1-year, accredited with the SANC in Advanced Psychiatric Nursing Science.
Registration with a professional council:
- Annual registration with the SANC as Professional Nurse.
- A minimum of 10 years appropriate/recognisable experience in nursing after registration as Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing.
- At least 6 years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/recognisable experience in Advanced Psychiatric Nursing Science after obtaining the 1 year post basic qualification.
- At least 3 years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/recognisable experience at management level.
- Demonstrate an in depth understanding of nursing legislation and related legal and ethical nursing practices and how this impacts on service delivery.
- Ensure that clinical nursing practice rendered by the nursing team and promote quality of nursing care as directed by the professional scope of practice and standards.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of HR and financial policies and practices.
- Word and excel literacy and knowledge of FBU functions and management (ability to work collaboratively within FBUs)
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Coordinate, supervise and control nursing services on night duty.
- Ensure the provision of optimal, holistic and specialised nursing care within the set standards and a professional/legal framework.
- Effectively manage the initiation, utilisation and supervision of all resources.
- Ensure the execution of quality care and sound financial management.
- Co-ordinate the provisioning of effective training and research to maintain professional growth, ethical standards and self-development.
- Provide effective support to nursing services and hospital management.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post. One post available on 1 January 2016 and second post available on 1 March 2016.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Plainsman 9/12/2015)
Salary: R 473 187 (PN-B4) per annum
Salary Level: OSD
The Chief Director
General Specialist and Emergency Services
Private Bag X15
(For the attention of Ms G Owies)
Closing Date: 8 January 2016
Enquiries: Ms D Lotz
Tel: (021) 370-1340
B L McKay
Tel: (021) 370-1248