ARTISAN PRODUCTION GRADE A – C
Reference Number: Plainsman 18/11/2015, Vukani 19/11/2015
Component: Department of Health
Core Title: Artisan and Support Personnel
Institution: Groote Schuur Hospital, Observatory
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Appropriate Trade Test Certificate.
Grade A: No experience required.
Grade B: At least 18 years appropriate/recognisable experience in the area after obtaining the relevant Trade Test Certificate.
Grade C: At least 34 years appropriate/recognisable experience in the area after obtaining the relevant Trade Test Certificate.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- A valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence.
- Willingness to work standby duties.
- Project management skills and excellent painting/spray painting skills will be a strong recommendation and an advantage.
- Good communication skills in two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Conversant with the requirement of the Machinery and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ability to plan ahead (pro-active) and to manage a workshop.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Responsible for the preservation of exterior and interior painting works of the building and premises.
- Assist Artisan Foreman with administration, plan and schedules.
- Complete and return repair requisitions and assist in order and control of the workshop, materials and tools.
- Liaise with all relevant personnel in ensuring Groote Schuur Hospital is within regulations regarding painting department.
- Liaise with service providers and agents to negotiate quotations and maintenance.
- Supervise and training of staff.
Note: Potential Candidates may be subjected to a practical test. No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Plainsman 18/11/2015, Vukani 19/11/2015)
Grade A: R 145 320 per annum
Grade B: R 171 177 per annum
Grade C: R 199 836 Per annum
Salary Level: OSD
The Chief Executive Officer
Groote Schuur Hospital
Private Bag X4
(For the attention of Ms N Mbilini)
Closing Date: 12 December 2015
Enquiries: Mr AK Mgcodo/Mrs P Tyala
Tel: (021) 404-6314