ADMINISTRATION CLERK SUPPORT (HAST Programme)
Reference Number: Ons Kontrei 18/12/2015
Component: Department of Health
Institution: West Coast District Office (Cederberg Sub-district, Clanwilliam)
Minimum educational qualification:
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent).
- Appropriate experience in data capturing and Health Information Systems.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence) and willingness to travel.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Health Information Systems).
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to analyse data.
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to handle confidential records.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Provide an effective and efficient administrative and general support service to the Sub-district HAST Programme Co-ordinator and Assistant Manager (inclusive of procurement duties).
- Responsible for the arrangements and co-ordination of all appointments, meetings, transport and training.
- Collect and collate the Sub-district’s HIV/AIDS /STI /TB and P,H,C, data (ETR.net, Tier.3.net, Sinjani, PHCIS and EDR.net,) and prepare of presentations, compile reports and documents.
- Ensure the integrity and quality of data, which includes site visits.
- Assist with HAST campaigns, Comprehensive Health activities and other ad hoc activities.
- Effective reconciliation of financial statements.
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a practical test. No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in Ons Kontrei 18/12/2015.
Service benefits: 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Salary: R 132 399 per annum.
Salary Level: Level 5
Private Bag X21
(For attention; Ms ME Tangayi)
Closing Date: 8 January 2016
Enquiries: Ms AM Parring
Tel: (027) 482 1484