The Western Cape Government is seeking to employ a Administration Clerk.
Department: Department of Health.
Minimum educational qualifications:
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent)
- Appropriate experience/competencies that focuses on the Key Performance Areas (KPA’s) of the post.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- It will be expected of the incumbent to work shifts if and when required.
- Ability to execute duties accurately and thoroughly.
- Effective communication in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to participate in a group and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the Clinicom System and Computer literacy (Ms Word, Excel).
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Register patients on the Clinicom system.
- Admissions, transfers and discharge of in-patients.
- Maintain appointments and ward register.
- Compile patient statistics.
- Type medial report and accurate data capturing.
- Handle telephonic queries.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must:
- Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s.
- A separate application form must be completed for each post.
- Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered.
- Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
- No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
- CV’s will not be returned.
- Excess personnel will receive preference.
- Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered.
- Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
- It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
- As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
- The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in the Athlone News 9/9/2015, Vukani 10/9/2015.
Salary: R 132 399 per annum Level: 5admin administrative clerks cape town government job western cape