Administration Clerk Supply Chain Management (Procurement)
Reference Number: Weslander 10/12/2015
Component: Department of Health
Institution: Vredenburg Hospital
Minimum educational qualification:
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent) with Mathematics and/or Accountancy as a passed subject and/or Senior Certificate (or equivalent) with experience/competencies that focuses on the Key Performance Areas (KRA’s) of the post.
- Appropriate experience in a Supply Chain Management environment.
- Sound knowledge of the Public Finance Management Act, National and Provincial Treasury Instructions and the Accounting Officer System.
- Functional experience in obtaining quotations on an electronic purchasing system and in bid/tender administration.
- Computer literacy (MS Excel and Word), with knowledge of, and functional experience in a Material Management System, e.g. LOGIS.
- Ability to communicate in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Perform tasks related to procurement administration such as inviting of quotes, place orders and supply stock (goods and services).
- Capture requisitions and other documentation on the Supply Chain System (LOGIS).
- Prepare quotes to be submitted to the Quotation Committee.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant laws and prescripts related to the Supply Chain Perform duties related to IPS processes, evaluation and adjudication on the system.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in the Weslander of 10/12/2015.
Service benefits: 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Salary: R 132 399 per annum.
Salary Level: Level 5
Private Bag X3
(For attention: Mr J Engel)
Closing Date: 31 December 2015
Enquiries: Ms Z Blom
Tel: (022) 709 7283