Reference Nr: Bul G37/2015: Post 19.
Component: Department of Health.
Applications accepted until: 9 October 2015
Core Title: Administrative Line Function and Support Personnel
Institution: Ceres Hospital, Witzenberg Sub-district (Cape Winelands Health District)
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
Minimum educational qualification:
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent).
- Appropriate experience.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Must be prepared to work 12-hour shifts (i.e. night duty, weekends, and public holidays) and also overtime when required.
- Valid (Code B/EB) driver’s licence.
- Knowledge and experience in Clinicom and/or Delta 9 Accounts Receivable Systems, UPFS manual, Hospital Memorandum Chapter 18, PFMA (Public Finance Management Act) and BAS.
- Knowledge and experience in Public Hospital Patient Fees, EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) and billing for State Departments (RAF, SANDF, SAPS, DCS and COIDA).
- Computer literacy (MS Word and Excel).
- Ability to accept accountability and responsibility with good interpersonal skills, maintain confidentiality and excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Ensure accurate assessment of patients according to the means test and billing of patient accounts, raising and releasing of invoices and debiting of charge entries to invoices as per UPFS manual, Clinicom, Delta 9 and Hospital Memorandum 18 when opening patient files.
- Responsible for sound cash management.
- Investigate debtor queries and assist hospital fees department with handing over of accounts to debt collectors.
- Ensure submissions of EDI and paper claims and assist with EDI rejections and resubmissions.
- Capture payments and journals on BAS and Accounts Receivable Systems.
- Ensure submission of invoices to State Departments and assist Fees Department to clear State Department backlogs in terms of outstanding invoices.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This posts was also advertised in the (Witzenberg Herald 18/9/2015).
Salary: R 132 399 per annum
Salary Level: Level 5
Private Bag X54
(For the attention of Mr W Owen)
Closing Date: 9 October 2015
Ms LN Carolus
Tel: (023) 316-9627
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.