We are urgently looking for an Accountant to start in Cape Town. Your mission is to manage the finances and general administration at the branch according to company norms and values in an efficient and effective manner.
- Managing of general financial activities.
- Managing of the debtors function.
- Managing of the creditors function.
- The administering of HR administrative functions i.e. leave, performance appraisals, salary/wage administrative inputs.
- The building and maintaining of healthy business relations.
- Follow up on any late payments when requested by the debtors’ clerk.
- Follow up on short payments, determine the reason and rectify.
- Balance books to balance sheet including all reconciliation’s, journals and reports
- Payment of all creditors (sundry and suppliers) by means of electronic funds transfers (EFT).
- Execute bank reconciliation’s.
- Transfer applicable amounts for all imported products sold.
- Pay local suppliers according to the agreed upon terms and conditions.
- Filing of all financial documents
- Archiving of all financial documents when required.
- Calculate and pay VAT before the target date to the Receiver of Revenue.
- Calculate and pay all statutory monies before the target date to the Receiver of Revenue.
- Compile a schedule of all month end sales (e.g. rent, transport, electricity usage etc.) and reconcile sales to month end age analysis and produce a sales report.
- Generate invoices for transport usage.
- Complete the journals.
- Pay all creditors and reconcile.
- Reconcile all debtors and creditors.
- Provide HR administrative support to staff as directed by the HR Manager at Head Office.
- Administer salary and wage inputs required by Head Office for payroll purposes.
- Degree/Diploma in Accounting
- 3 – 5 years relevant experience
- Gr 12 with Maths and Accounting
- Computer skills especially MS Excel. Experience in computerised accounting packages will be useful.
- Experience in the FMCG or Logistics industry would be an advantage
Location: Cape Town
Please APPLY ONLINE and note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of applying, please consider your application as unsuccessful.