ADMINISTRATION CLERK: WARDS
Reference Number: Southern Mail 4/11/2015
Component: Department of Health
Core Title: Administrative Line Function and Support Personnel
Institution: Victoria Hospital
Minimum educational qualification:
- Senior Certificate (or equivalent).
- Appropriate administrative experience within a hospital environment.
Inherent requirement of the job:
- Perform relief duties within the Support Services department when necessary.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft package (MS Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Knowledge and practical experience of Clinicom and ICD 10 coding system.
- Knowledge and practical experience of LOGIS system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Manage clerical and office processes smoothly and effectively.
- Responsible for patient administration, including checking clinical information on UPFS tick sheet.
- Arrange transport for patients.
- Effective management of assets.
- ICD10 coding.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement.
No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. This post was also advertised in the Southern Mail of 4/11/2015.
Salary: R 132 399 per annum
Salary Level: Level 5
The Chief Executive Officer
Private Bag X02
(For attention: Ms N Fredericks)
Closing Date: 27 November 2015
Enquiries: Ms Y Nelukalo
Tel: (021) 799-1123